Home About Me My Classroom Freebies My Products TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest Facebook Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

January 13, 2018

Saturday 6

Hi there! It's the second week of Saturday 6 hosted by Megan from Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE glue sponges. We have been using them a lot in the first half of school. I realized I hadn't really brought out glue bottles for this group this year. I figured it would be a great time to introduce them this week as we reviewed expectations and procedures again. "Dot, dot, not a lot!" ;)
Along with going back to the basics after some much needed time off, we've been using Gonoodle to practice mindfulness first thing in the morning. We talk about feelings and emotions often and I love that these videos are quick and simple to practice our mindful breathing. They were so calm and quiet for a whole three minutes!
After seeing so many hauls from Target this week on Instagram, I just HAD to give in! I kept it simple and grabbed a few things to prep for next month. I'm guilty of hoarding those pesky $1 items and finding them the following year in a closet. Oops.
Speaking of Instagram, this week a fellow Texas Teacher highlighted some fabulous Texas Teachers to follow by setting up a Texas Teacher Tribe for Follow Friday.  I love Instagram because I'm big on visuals and it's helpful to see what others are doing in their classrooms. Check out some fellow Texas Teachers below. 
This week we kicked off our Jan Brett Author Study. After reading The Mitten, we practiced retelling the story with some vocabulary cards. We squeezed into our "wool mitten" aka red yarn because I couldn't find my white yarn, HA! You can get the vocabulary cards that are in my retelling printables by clicking on here or the picture above. 
Our campus is big on pushing Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and something I've been trying to incorporate in my classroom is writing and drawing about how we feel every Monday back after the weekend. It's a great time to have conversations about things that made us feel happy, excited, or even sad when we were not at school. I sometimes get entries that include feeling sad about waking up early again, totally relatable am I right?!


That's it for today, thanks for reading. Have a great weekend y'all! 

Be sure to hop over to Mrs. Wheeler's linky party to add your Saturday 6 and/or catch up with other fellow bloggers!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal and thanks again for linking up!! I’ve always wanted to try glue sponges...maybe next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Monday morning feelings reflection idea! That is a great way to start the week.
    SunshineSandAndScissors@gmail.com
    Sunshine, Sand and Scissors

    ReplyDelete