Home About Me My Classroom Freebies My Products TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest Facebook Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

January 6, 2018

Saturday 6 Happy New Year!

Hi there! It's been a loooong while since I have blogged. Welcome and happy new year. Let me reintroduce myself. I'm Crystal and before starting a blog myself, I found so many blogs as a source for inspiration and ideas from other teachers for my own classroom. I hope that I can share happenings in my classroom to do the same for other teachers. A new year goal I wanted to work on was blogging some more. It just so happened that Megan from Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade has started up a new linky party to share 6 things about the week. Perfect timing to work on my goal!
Join me every Saturday as I share with you 6 things from my week in K down in Texas!
I love having a PD day where we are given some time to work in our classrooms kids free. I was able to get some cleaning done and rearrange a few things to get that "new classroom" feeling again. 
Before I left for the break I sorted my library books in my closet. So this week I came in and pulled them right out to easily display in the library center. Working on updating my basket labels. 
In Texas we don't get snow, but that doesn't stop us from enjoying some fun books all about snow. I got this book in my December Scholastic Book Order. It's beautifully illustrated and all about a boy with an imagination. 
After reading Snowman Magic, we wrote about what we could do with our own snowman. This little learner used the front cover and sight words he knew in his writing. Love seeing that winter break growth!
This week I celebrated 3 years since becoming an official TpT Author! If you have been following me since the beginning, thank you for your support. If you're a new follower, welcome and thank you for joining me. 
Don't mind my hot mess list. I carried it around with me this week in my pocket so that when I thought of something I could just add it easily. I purchased these a while back from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd and I love that they are editable. I update my "want to do list" regularly because realistically the list is never-ending. 

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for reading! 

If you would like to join the Saturday 6 linky party be sure to check Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade to grab the button and add your link!

3 comments:

  1. We don't experience/understand snow here in central Florida either! I will have to check out Snowman Magic!
    SunshineSandAndScissors@gmail.com
    Sunshine, Sand and Scissors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up, Crystal! Those to-do lists look great! I’m always adding to my little notebook that I carry around with me! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on three years at TpT! Your little writer did a great job with his snowman writing!!

    ReplyDelete