Home About Me My Classroom Freebies My Products TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest Facebook Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

June 22, 2015

TpT Seller Challenge Dare to Dream

Happy Monday! Last week I joined in on this amazing challenge put together by the ladies over at Third in Hollywood, Teach Create Motivate, Sparkling in Second, and Peppy Zesty Teacherista.

It just so happened that the week before the challenge I had contacted the lovely ladies at Blogs Fit for a Queen to design a customized blog for me. They were awesome and helped get my vision out through this blog design. I was thrilled to have it ready and running for this challenge. I love it!

I joined blogger back in Summer 2012 in hopes to start a teaching blog. I felt overwhelmed and discouraged because I honestly didn't have the slightest clue where to begin or how to even begin. Now it's Summer 2015 and I have a blog! Baby steps, I tell myself, baby steps!

Back to the challenge, this week our challenge is to Dare to Dream.
Here are my goals and dreams.

1. Wedding: My fiancé and I got engaged in February and I'm excited to have the summer to plan for the wedding. Together we're paying on our own for our wedding. My goal is to avoid using credit cards and pay as we go to have a debt free start in the next chapter of our lives.


(That's the reception venue. We had a tour this past week and it's gorgeous!)


2. Go Back to School: I've always loved school. I love the textbooks, lectures, paper writing, and all that comes with being a student. I've been wanting to go back for my masters and eventually get a Ph.D. I loved my college experience, I would do again if I could, but I'm careful to consider now that if I want to go back, I need to pay my way without loans.

3. Own a home: Along with our wedding, my fiancé and I hope to become homeowners soon. A couple of months back, I started doing an online homeowner counseling course and I will say it's intimidating. But I know it will be sooooo worth it to have our own home.

4. Retirement/Travel: I'm in my late twenties and have a long way to go before I retire. I got started saving up for retirement a few years ago after a co-worker with a business background shared some helpful information. I thought to myself why didn't they prepare me for this stuff in high school/college! I hope that TpT lends an opportunity to save for retirement and travel with my future husband and future kids.

Those are a few of my many many dreams.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding! You have so many exciting things coming up! I am about to celebrate my 2nd year of marriage and home ownership... both are pretty great! I too want to go back to school one day and get my PhD. By the way, I love your blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the wedding! Looks like your reception is going to be gorgeous. I am getting ready to be in a few weddings this summer. I need to start thinking about retirement as well!

    Erin
    You AUT-a Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, happy wedding season, I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. So many wonderful dreams. I hope your wedding is all you dream of and go for that PhD! I got mine a few years back and it transformed me. Hoping your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete